Thursday, May 10, 2007

Nearing the end... Mais três dias


The photo above was taken on my first day in Brazil over nine months ago. In some ways, that day seems like years ago, and in others it seems like not so long ago. In any case, it is hard to believe that in less than three days, I should be aboard an airplane bound for the United States. It will be sad to leave behind what has been an incredible year in Brazil, as I have learned much from my research, have made many great friends, and have seen many incredible places. Despite some sadness about leaving, I am incredible excited to be returning to the Estados Unidos (U.S.), and look forward to seeing the many people whom I care so much about and have missed during my year in Brazil. I also look forward to getting back to the School of Medicine, where I will begin my fourth year rotations on May 28, starting with a month of internal medicine (two weeks of consults and two weeks of infectious disease) before beginning rotations in ophthalmology, the field in which I currently plan to apply for residency training.

I'm sure I'll post a few more thoughts later this week on leaving Brazil, but I have been delaying packing my luggage, and that task is only looking more daunting as time passes, so for now I'll close...

Nine months later... three days from leaving...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home