Sunday, March 18, 2007

Headed To Ilhéus

Just when I thought I was done traveling around Brazil for a while, it seems that I'll be flying out of Fortaleza again Thursday... Our PI, Dr. Guerrant, arrived in Fortaleza last Thursday. He will be heading to a Tropical Medicine Conference this Thursday in Ilhéus, a city in Bahia located south of Salvador. I had not submitted an abstract and was not planning to present, as my research projects had been delayed due to ethical committee delays and other issues. In the last week though, I have made quite a bit of progress on one of my lab proejcts and so Dr. Guerrant ahs asked me to present at the conference regarding this project. In the aftermath of this decision, I've spent most of the weekend in the lab feverishly finishing work on the part of this project that I will present and will have to continue this work and put together a presentation over the next three days. Thursday afternoon, I'll join Dr. Guerrant, Dr. Aldo, Chris Brown, and Jamilly (a Brazilian medical student) for the journey south to Ilhéus. The conference should be interesting with presentations on research in leishmaniasis, HIV, and diarrheal disease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home